Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Creating backgrounds with Distress inks (Feat. Impression Obsession Stamps & Dies)

Hello,

I have another card featuring the fabulous Impression Obsession Rubber Stamp and dies to share with you today. I based this card on their new challenge - Squared which is to create square cards or incorporate squares in your projects.

I went with a 6"X6" square card and used this adorable stamp called Sassy Sister. I colored the image with my Faber Castell Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils and added some glitter highlights with Flair Glitter Gel Pens.




For the background, I used the Hill Landscape Layers Die and distress inks (crushed olive, mowed lawn, salty ocean). I also sprinkled some water on top to achieve that cool look. The sentiment is from a stamp set called Warm Fuzzies Sentiments and "Sister" is hand-written.



I hope you can catch the glitter in the picture above. I had so much fun coloring in this girl. She is adorable.



I hope you liked this card and I will see you again soon.


3 comments:

  1. Just love it!!! You nailed it...Thanks so much for playing Paru's Card Making Challenges!

    ReplyDelete