Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Birthday Card | Altenew February Challenge

Hello,

I love Altenew Stamps and their challenges are always awesome, so I always try to participate whenever I can.

Here's my take on their February Challenge. I love the inspiration picture this month.



I stamped the flowers using Altenew Persian Motifs Stamp set in Weathered wood Distress ink onto Canson Watercolor Paper and then I used some regular student grade watercolors and painted wet on wet around the flowers in blues and yellows. Once the color was dry, I used black to add shadow around the flowers. Then I flicked some more colors to create a splattered look and add more character to the background. I just used a clean wet brush to pull the color from the stamped image and a little bit of color to the flower. Then I stamped the sentiment and mounted it using foam tape. I also mounted the card using foam onto the black cardstock.

Thank you for dropping by today!

5 comments:

  1. Loved the way flowers just pop out of the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use of black really made your flowers pop! I'm going to try that on my next project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so artistic. I like the fresh and cheerful colors of it.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete