Thursday, April 24, 2014

A little girl's dress!

So most of you know about my little girl, Aadya :)

I have been itching to sew a little something for my girl. Mostly because I have some fabulous memories of wearing home stitched frocks and pretty dresses made by my mum and aunts and I wanted to recreate those memories for Aadya.

It seemed hard as I have no sewing experience other than a few quilted pouches when I was still in school and I had nobody to ask for help at home(my mum & my mum-in-law don't stay anywhere near my place :( )

But I ventured (after going through endless number of tutorials, trying to find the easiest to get started :)) and here is what came of it :)








There's my happy little girl in her new dress :)

The dress is in no way perfect and experts would probably gasp at the errors I made, but I loved every bit of it..right from cutting the fabric to taking these adorable pictures :)

I have a long way to go and lot to learn when it comes to sewing, but atleast it's a start!

3 comments:

  1. She looks sooooooooooooooooo cute!! Her dress is awesome, well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. Aadya looks so so pretty in that dress with her matching headband!! :) you know.. That is one thing I always wanted to do if ever I thought I had a girl child.. because just like you said.. I too have fond memories of my mum making them for me as a kid! But now that she is here.. I have no time to.. forget stitching.. even going out and looking for fabric! :) You sure are a super mom!!

    ReplyDelete