Skip to main content

I let my mind wander...

Hello!

I am sharing something totally different than usual. I recently tried my hands at mixed media canvases and I have fallen in love. For long, I have admired mixed media artist, watched tutorials and dreamed of doing it and finally I did.

Here is my first ever mixed media canvas.




And here is how I did it.

1. I covered the whole canvas with some vintage book papers using modge podge, painted over it with acrylics in shades of blue and green.

2. Next I added some script stamping using Heartfelt Creations Stamp. 

3. Then it was time to add some textures, so I used the TCW brick wall stencil and modeling paste to add some on the background. 

4. Leaving the canvas to dry for a while, I started working on the butterfly, which by the way is hand drawn with charcoal pencils over a piece of pattern paper from DCWV. 

5. I also got my sentiment ready using alphabet stamps from Lawn Fawn called Smitty's ABC on strips of paper. 

6. Once my canvas was dry, I glued the butterfly and the sentiment down and added more highlighting with charcoal pencils and white paint. 

7. Another coat of mod podge over the whole thing and it was done.

This mixed media Canvas perfectly fits the Challenge#27 - Lulupu 2nd Birthday Special Category 3
I have used the following alphabets from L U P T C

L - Lawn Fawn Alphabet Stamps
P - Paper, paint 
T - Texture, TCW Stencil
C - Canvas, Charcoal pencils

I am also taking the March Challenge with Mou at Design Memory Craft blog. The theme is to showcase our motto in life and this canvas truly reflects mine. This year I have decided to let my mind wander and let life take it's own course, without worrying about things I can't change.


Let me know what you think of my maiden attempt.

Comments

  1. wow Ujjwal, this is simply suberb! i am still drooling!
    i am also very inspired by mixed media these days and dream of making somthing good..
    but this is a masterpice in your first attempt itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+ for your maiden attempt at a mixed media canvas. LOVE your charcoal drawn butterfly.
    Enjoy your mixed media journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this canvas, Ujjwal . Its simply superb work especially your choice of colors and the sentiment ..I am so amazed by your hand-drawn butterfly and the beautiful way you have created it as the focal of your canvas.And thank you for the step by step tutorial too :)

    Thank you so much for playing along Lulupu # 27 and Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is sheer brilliance Ujjwal! Love how the sentiment and butterfly put the thought across! Love it! Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In simple words ur creation and tutorial...WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. In simple words ur creation and tutorial is WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Mixed Media with lovely colors and layers, Ujjwal.
    Thanks for joining us for Lulupu's 2nd Birthday Celebration and Challenge # 27

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's great. The colors are beautiful. Thank you for the, detailed, instructions and supply info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stumbled across your blog and I have to say, this is one of the most beautiful mixed media projects I have seen in a while... Love the look, its got texture but also a clean minimalist vibe which adds to the overall project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is gorgeous! Love the colours and that butterfly is amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow i love the canvas...that hand drawn butterfly is amazing...all the text written makes it a great piece of artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely layers and texture and a very pleasing colour palette and visual

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…