Friday, September 21, 2012

This used to be, a kitchen towel roll !

I don't know how long it has been since I recycled something and oh boy, I missed it so much. So when I saw the challenge at Lulupu blog and the It's a wrap challenge at Lessology, I knew what I had to do.

I picked up a kitchen towel roll tube from the HUGE pile that I have been saving to recycle and turned them into these cute birthday favors. They will be so perfect for a space themed birthday party :)





The idea isn't my original and I had seen these somewhere on the net, most probably at Marth Stewart's site and I had been wanting to try making these. They are super simple to make, easy to produce in bulk and can be used in so many different ways. I have shown you these has candy favors but use them as party decorations, table place cards, use them to display table numbers or how about label your food with these. The possibilities are endless.

And I am so excited to think of all the things to do with these rockets, that I am secretly hoping for my daughter to ask me for a space themed birthday party in the future :D

Hope you'll give these a try!

12 comments:

  1. This is such an fantastic idea!! i love these cute rocket favour's...they would work well for any birthday party!! can totally see you making a whole rocket themed birthday party based on this for your "little" one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant idea
    megha
    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW awesome recycling Ujjwal I love seeing your recycling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow.... this is awesome Ujjwal...great to see u back... hii to you and aadya from deetya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic take on the Lulupu Monthly challenge :) Its really interesting how you converted the humble kitchen roll in a fun filled candy favor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. This is totally unique!!. I LOVE space. And space-related things :). Thank you for playing along with us @ LESSology!:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh these are fantabulous Ujjwal! How fun and yummy! Great use of the kitchen towel roll!

    Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great upcycle project!!! Its fun and fabulous...Thanks for playing with US over @ LESSology....hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soo cool.. I love the pointy tops!! And yes, it would be awesome if you get to have a space theme birthday party for your little girl.. ;)

    Thanks for playing along at Lulupu.. :)

    ReplyDelete