Skip to main content

Prickley Pear Design Team Monday!

Happy Monday!! Hope you all had a great start to the week. Since its Monday, it's time for another Prickley Pear Monday card :)




Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!;  stamps: Prickley Pear( Clearly Beautiful Flowers Stamps Set ); Dies: Cheery Lyn(Fanciful flourish) inks: Momento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink(Walnut stain); embellishment:  Pie Lane Self Adhesive Crystals; coloring medium: Faber Castell Markers
 
So as I said HERE, I hate throwing away pretty (and expensive) paper and my heart breaks with the amount of paper that is wasted  with die cutting. So I always make it a point to die cut keeping in mind that I can use both the negative and the positive of die cuts :)

I inked the edges of the negative die-cut panel very lightly with walnut stain distress ink to give it more definition and then adorned the beautiful flourish with some gorgeous flowers from the Clearly Beautiful Flowers Stamps Set and to top it off added the various different self adhesive crystals from Pie Lane(I love that they have so many different shapes and colors in those pretty crystals :)) As an after thought I also did a little faux stitching along the edge.

It looked like an all occasion card so I left it without sentiment. I can now save it in my stash and pull it out for the right occasion :)

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the PPRS team created this week!

Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. gorgeous work Ujjwal.. Love the use of the negatives of the die cuts.. makes the card look really elegant...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. lovely card... Love the colors and the negative gives it such a nice look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh...really lovely! Great use of colours and the use of negative die cuts!

    Happy week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Really love it. I shared your idea on Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/cgsays/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I found you through your interview today over on Jewels of Sayuri! Your work is stunning!!
    Thanks for being part of our creating success wor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry - hit the publish key by accident!! :(
    Thanks for being part of our Creating Success Worldwide feature!
    Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, love the music paper for the flowers and your use of the negative die cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Ujjwal! Great way to use up scraps! :)
    Congrats on your shout out! Keep it going girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…