Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birthday Favor bags on order!

So I have been telling you this a lot lately, that I have been busy(actually very busy) and today is the day(since the order has been shipped) I will share where and why :D

A month back I got an order to make 1st birthday party favors for 9 kids with different age groups. I had to make them unique, useful and not to mention pretty (thats what we do...right??)

Kids age group was from 2.5 years to 15 years and it was a challenge to actually think of things to put in the favor bags keeping in mind their age and their likes and dislikes. So after long discussions with the client and helpful inputs, here are some of the things we came up with.

Mini Scrapbooks for kids of age 2.5 yrs and 3 yrs
Story Book for a kid with age 6 yrs (already posted on blog, check it out HERE)
Birthday Reminder Books for girls aged 9, 12 and 15
and we couldn't really think of something for boys in the age group 12 and 14, so we decided on some store bought video games, etc :D


Other than one unique gift in each favor bag, we decided to put some common goodies too and agreed on a key ring, candy pack and pen/pencil. And of course these had to be customized with the handmade element/feel to them :D

So if you haven't guessed by now, it was a huge task to accomplish for me (with my in-laws visit around the same time and me not being well) but I am so glad I managed to pull through.

Since there are a lot of things to share, I will break them in different posts...hope you won't mind :)


So first up are the favor bags done from scratch. I hand-embroidered each kids name before stitching up the bags and then tied them up with some pretty ribbon and thank you tags.





And the thank you tags


The good thing is that the bags are of a decent size and can be reused later by the kids! I will be back sharing the rest of the items from the order soon. But don't forget to let me know what you think of my maiden attempt at the favor bags.

And since I mentioned that I sew the bags, I have to tell you that my super awesome husband gifted me a sewing machine this month, something that has been on my wish list for quite some time. Happy Days!

I got the Singer Merritt 1409 and have been having some fun with it! Guess I will try quilting next :D


Image credit - Singer Website


Have a great day! See you soon again!

24 comments:

  1. oh vow! love your tags... love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very pretty bags.. waiting to see the inside stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bags ... u did some wonderful stiching... i understand how tough it would have been to sit for such a long time and stitch... all ur hard work is paying off

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its jus AMAZING!! beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the rest of the stuff in the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here.Can't wait to ssee the rest of the stuff in the bag.Also The sewing machine has been on my wishlist for last fifteen years and I need to learn stitching too.i love your cool idea of hand embroidering the kids names.Super cool...You are going to be one helluva mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeee....don't tell me, u have hand-stitched all the bags? My gosh, Ujjawal...This is stupendofantabulous! They look just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work Ujjwal Dee!! loved teh tags. eager to see the other stuff and STITCHING! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So So pretty!! Loved them..Can't wait to see the other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of hard work... Great Job Ujjwal !

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is simply Amazing all those hand embroidered bags look fabulous ...love the idea as well and those tags are so pretty!!!...congrats on your new sewing machine now we will get to see some more awesome stiching from your side :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing!!! looking forward for the remaining pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those bags are amazing, Ujjwal, and the tags are so cute! You are super talented and I love everything you make! Hooray for hubby getting you a sewing machine. What a sweet guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your favor bags! So functional and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for stopping by Ujjwal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely...now that I finally know what the key chains are for, I am quite taken aback by the amount of work you have done to get these goody bags in order...creating, coordination...OMG...great work...love the bags and the ribbons..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh these are unique ideas Ujjwal-- my kiddo's birthday is coming up next month and I am on the lookout for ideas!! The name on each bag is a brainwave idea!!! Hats off to you for the hand embroidery...

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow such details Ujjwal!! These are so bespoke!! You are good at embroidery and sewing. You know i also had one of those mini sewing machines but before even I could experiment with it, it went kaput. Your bags look gorgeous with those tags and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey congrats on ur new toy, looking forward to a lot of stitching on ur projects now. those customized favor bags look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. super super super! i too have started using a sewing machine to save time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very very nice :)

    The pencils are looking super cute !!!

    ReplyDelete