Skip to main content

ICR “RE-CREATIONAL” BLOG HOP!

ICR turns a YEAR OLDER tomorrow…..

As I mentioned in the prelude in the last post, the Indian Craft Room is celebrating its first birthday tomorrow.ICR is the first of its kind Indian community that has bought so many crafters together and I am proud of being a part of it in some way.



We are having considerably a BIG BLOG HOP termed as “Re-Creational” Blog Hop! And this is to celebrate all our GUEST DESIGNERS at Indian Craft Room for the year 2011.
We are RE-CREATING the MAGIC that paved our way to being the Guest Designers for
the respective challenges on ICR for the year 2011.

You should have arrived here from Shruti Menon ;

If not make sure you begin the re-creational hop from the INDIAN CRAFT ROOM!

Here is the original card that won me the Guest Designer Post in ICR Challenge#8 - Sketch + Stitch


And today I am re-creating the magic (or atleast trying to :D) with the same sketch and stitching theme.


Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!;  stamps: Paper Smooches(Alphadot, Birthday Buddies, A little lovin'); inks:Jenni Bowlin (brown sugar): coloring medium: acrylic paints, Faber Castell markers
I was so inspired by the distressed look and colors of the inspirational picture at the current Paper Smooches Spark Challenge that I decided to create my own background using acrylic paints and brush. I love the texture. I used my Xacto Knife to cut the windows and have those cute critters peek through them. I finished it with some faux stitching around the edges using my Uniball Signo white gel pen.

RULES TO THE HOP:
• Make sure you hop around to each designer from the START {ICR} & leave your thoughts in the comments section, on every SPACE.

• Like the Indian Craft Room PAGE on Face Book!
There are prizes awarded to blog hoppers who fulfill the above criterion.

There will be 2 winners each for the 2 prizes sponsored.
We are generously sponsored by Khyati’s Store & Sudha’s Store!  
The blog hop will be OPEN through Wednesday, February 29, 2012 @ 11:59 pm IST.

Winners will be announced on ICR on Thursday as well as all the “RE-CREATIONAL”
MAGIC blogs.

So be sure you leave, love & like!   
We are having a GRAND CELEBRATIONS PARTY at the INDIAN CRAFT ROOM, all day tomorrow……with lots of games & prizes sponsored by few well known sponsors like Scraps N More [PIALI] & Itsy Bitsy!
Come over to the party for a Once in a While chance to win, to get to know your fellow
crafters & your TEAM & for all the surprises your way!

All the games & events will be listed at the INDIAN CRAFT ROOM!
Catch up with you on ICR tomorrow!


Comments

  1. When I first saw your sketch and stitch card.. I instantly fell in love with it... how wonderfully you have re-created the magic with this b'day card.. different and alike at the same time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool!! Loved the background!!
    btw....the link to next hop is broken..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is totally adorable..the background looks so fab...and those cute critters peeking through the window are simply too sweet...i love your recreated card its so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the title of you blog goes, ur handmade cards appear to be really made with love. They are so cute and adorable. The card that won u the GD, is simple yet so very cute and colorful! Also you have successfully accomplished to recreate the magic once again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved what u did on the BG...... Looks amazing & alive! It is totally a different take on the same dare & is truly recreating the magic..... You do not hesitate in taking the paths less trodden.... And I appreciate & adore that quality in you.... Thank u for all the support & hoping the same for the future too..... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D Loved the card!! Its amazing how you come up with new and unique ideas everytime! :D Way to go, Ujjwal!!

    -Love
    Shruti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ujjwal,love the back ground:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe !! this so cute Ujjwal... lovely interpretation of the sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always once again a stunning creation from you ujjwal...Loved the background done using paints...The animals also are really cute...

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing creation as always!! Luv it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) this is such a cutie card.. Those critters are such a fab idea.. And i love the background..

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice card .i love the back ground specially for the card .your cute critters r really cute. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ujjwal.. Thumbup for the background.. I think it stole d show completely... It is AWESOME.. and the stamp set is so so so adorable.... :-).... Loved it....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card! Love the pretty background =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice work on the background!.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stitched card is so simple n yet so elegant..colours are so eyecatching. love its simplicty. You created a perfect background in retake card..i am sure many will try this technique to create backgrounds. love those naughty creatures !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice take on the sketch Ujjwal!! Your cards are at par with international designers!! Love the background effect and thos cute little things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. loved that background of second card. and those tiny pic are so cute on the card. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ujjwal, I am a regular visitor of your blog and believe me ..you not good for my pocket... Everytime I visit your blog .. I try to make something similar to your cards and end up buying new things and ruining current stuff :p .. I love your style.. Both these cards are so different yet so similar... Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. U always have a new style to use on yr cards:)i always enjoy yr creations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your cards bring a smile to my face... they r so cute....

    ReplyDelete
  22. toooo cute! I used to paint card backgrounds like this. Thank you for reminding me to bring back the art in our card making.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loves it!!!The background is super cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, what a really cool background and how cute are those eyes!!! Nice use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow..what an amazing background. sure you must do a tute on this one!..love your creations:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. the cards are jus fab...so cute the new ones...

    hugs
    khusboo
    http://wwwpile-of-craft-khusboo.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a cute card..the new ones are super cute...

    hugs
    khusboo
    http://wwwpile-of-craft-khusboo.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  28. what pretty cards...loved the noe one...super like...

    hugs
    khusboo
    http://wwwpile-of-craft-khusboo.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Ujjwal! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. SUPER cute cards! You have been busy! LOVE the googly eyes on the last one:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…