Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Guest Designing for Imaginations!

Its been a while since I posted my inspiration for Imaginations Store as a Guest Design Team member, So today is the day :) Basically I was waiting for my DT package to arrive and this time it contained some really pretty DCWV papers with floral patterns (...and I love flowers :) )


And so here is what I did with them...



Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!;  stamps: Lawn Fawn(My cup of tea); inks:Jenni Bowlin (cough syrup), Distress ink (walnut stain); pattern papers:  DCWV; embellishment: Pie Lane(Self adhesive star crystal)

I tried weaving different strips of beautiful DCWV papers from the Imaginations Store to create a unique pattern.I have kept the card simple to let the papers and the design shine.  
All strips have their edges distressed with Walnut Stain Distress ink. I also distressed the circle with the image using the same ink and then went around the edges of the card lightly with my foam applicator(which still had some distress ink) to keep with the distressed look of the card.

And since its also been a while that I played along some of my favorite challenges (which I truly missed :)), I kept a couple of challenges in mind while creating this card.

Lawnscaping Challenge#28 - Distress Mania
Yvonne's Guest Blogger Challenge by Rose Miller - Using more than 3 pattern papers (I have used around 6 or 7 :D )
Lily Pad Cards - Pattern Paper Challenge 



Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!

22 comments:

  1. nice card ujjwal !! liked the weaving effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and you are back with loads of inspiration and creativity and i am very happy to see you here...back in action.You were sorely missed

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you used these patterned papers.. beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with lovely weaving

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and fabulous weaving!! :)Loooove the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice ..surely wanna have a cup f tea seeing it ;) ..keep up good work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of pattern papers and the weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love yr blog....yr cards r awesome:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely use of the pattern papers and the sentiment is just so adorable...love your card its so fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the card is so so pretty and vibrant ujjwal...No words to describe the lovely weaving technique used...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow your card is so amazing...I love this fun technique and great design...thanks for joining in the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE the weaving!!!!
    such a FAB CAS card girl :)

    check you out using so many pp's :)

    thanks so much for joining in on my challenge!!

    *btw: i am so casing this card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nicely done Ujjwal! Love the patterned paper weave! A glorious array of colours and patterns! :)

    Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way of using PPS. Lovely cretion.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.in/p/shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers! This is great! I LOVE what you have done with the patterned paper. All the layering and the cutting of the edges!!! Fantastic! Paired with the stamp and sentiment, you've created a great card! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Ujjwal! I love how you quilted the patterned paper. Stunning colours and design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!!!! Your patterned paper so amazing!! and the distress fantastic!! Loveee it!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ujiwal, this is wonderful!! Love the papers and how you wove them together! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey! This is pretty awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the woven detail and the sweet Lawn Fawn tea cup! Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete