Prickley Pear October Sketch Challenge!

Hello! It’s October 15th and time for a new sketch challenge at Prickley Pear Blog. We have a lovely sketch for you to play along with and of course there are prizes to be won. I hope you will play along.

Here is my take on the challenge:

Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!; stamps:Prickley Pear (Evergreen with Star) ink: Jenni Bowlin (Seed Packet); embellishments: Pie Lane(Frosted Crystals, Star Shaped crystals), May Arts
(ribbon), Twine from The Twinery

I have been in a Christmas mood lately (and not in Diwali mood at all :D ) and I love this gorgeous tree stamp. I clear heat embossed  it and worked with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink over the top. Added a bit of barn door distress ink on the star and adorned it with a gorgeous Pie Lane crystal star.Finished it off with a sentiment and some pretty May Arts Ribbon :)

I hope I have inspired you in someway to play along with us at Prickley Pear this month. Please visit the blog to see some more gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the design team!

I hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!




Comments

  1. You rocked this technique.... I made it for someone & just to show my hubby how the clear embossing shows, I sponged some ink around the image & he liked it instantly & later he saw I covered the entire topper with ink & he said the earlier look was better.... What next, I had to turn around the topper, redo it again & adhered it the 'right turned wrong' side down.... If in case the receiver rips it off, she would see it clearly!!! :D SORRY!!!

    But yes, I always loved trial & error..... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks nice.. I have no idea about the techniques but it does look super... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ujjwal nice car !! very cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahah I am laughing at Ash's comment. I too do things this way.
    I love love love your festive card. Those frosted crystals are to die for! They look kinda like "web buttons" we make on PS. I love your sponging technique as always your embossing rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!! love it..love the embossing showing through..For me emboss resist is always about magic!! beautiful!! off to the PPblog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a grand card! lovely embossing... I need more experience to try heat embossing... but will try it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha Ujjwal lots of greek and latin in your post to me[so many techniques I have no idea about!!] but net effect a gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! Great technique, love how you colored the beautiful tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUCH a beautiful card, Ujjwal! I LOVE the classic Christmas color combo and love your beautiful stamping. The tree has such a pretty soft quality with the distress inks you used. Your ribbon treatment is just gorgeous, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved it and would love to ty the emboss resist ...have still not been able to crack it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love how you inked the tree and the colors make me wish Christmas was closer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this holiday card, Ujjwal! Your emboss resist technique couldn't be more perfect. I love the way you tied the twine around the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the clean lines and how the image stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely Ujjwal! Really love how you used distress inks here....cool effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats very cute and sooooo Christmassy :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card...love the ribbon treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely card... and the frosted crystals add such an amazing touch to it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment