Skip to main content

Halloween Greetings + A Haul Video + Q&A

Alright, so as the post title suggests..there is a lot of stuff going on in this one post (I was trying to make up for being absent for the last 5 days :D)
First up is a Halloween card, a simple one using my new Prickley Pear Stamps. I can tell you they are awesome. Don't believe me? Watch the video :)

Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!; stamps: Prickley Pear Design Stamps(Halloween Greeting),  ink: Momento(Tuxedo Black), Distress Inks(Spice Marmalade); 

A super simple Halloween card for the CraftyJC Challenge#10 - Simplicity, Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge#71 - Halloween and Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Halloween.


And here is video with all the Prickley Pear Products that I received. Have fun watching!

P.S. I tried  voice over for this video and well as you might guess(I can't do anything perfectly the first time :D ), it went a little haywire while editing :D

You can watch it on YouTube HERE


Q&A

Q1 What is the size of this card? Did u use an A4 on THIS card?                                   Jaya Christina
A1 Most of my cards are of standard size i.e 4.25 X 5.5 unless otherwise stated and the card in question is also of the same size..

Q2 Pleases mention the embossing folder u used  on THIS card                                         Varshitha
A2 It may come as a surprise but I do not own any embossing folders because I do not own a cuttlebu/big shot just yet. The embossed sheet that I used was a RAK.

Q3 Should I get re-inkers for the distress inks? And suggest some good inks both for stamping and distressing. Can I use pigment ink for distressing (stamp pad one not queues)?               E.T.                  
A3 I still have lot of ink on my distress ink pads and haven't had the chance to re-ink them. But I guess it would be good to have some re-inkers at hand, especially since we don't get them easily in our countries :)

As for the inks for stamping, I love Momentos. But I tried Jenni Bowlin inks recently and fell in love with them. They come in some amazing fun colors, are dye-based and even good for light distressing.

I have tried using pigment inks for distressing. You have to work really quickly in cleaning up the embossed area before they dry up. Otherwise the embossed part will also take the ink and won't be as good as it should be. You can use them sometimes on smaller areas but at the end there is nothing like Tim Holtz Distress inks :)

Q4 How did you do the leaf on THIS card?                                                               Snehal
A4 The leaf was stamped with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and then sprinkled with water. Once it was dry, I hand-cut it and mounted it on the card using 3D tape.

I hope you liked it! Thanks for watching!

Comments

  1. Fabulous card Ujjwal :-) the pumpkins are fab and the simple design is perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wao! what a lovely card... and the stamps look gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. urgh ...hw do you manage such mindblowing cards ?
    Even if I don't want to ...I still envy you ;)
    hugs
    Kalindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card. Love the clean design, perfect to the beautiful stamp! And super fun video, can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this! The image really pops on the black!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Ujjwal !! Thanks for stopping by my blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this simple, clean card! The black background really makes those orange pumpkins pop out! Great job, Ujjwal!

    Hugs,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation dear.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! Your row of pumpkins is cute yet creepy at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card n all ur new stamps,waiting to see your cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card! Thank you for playing along with us at WMC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Supper fabulous CAS! Love when you do a total CAS. THIS is SO you!
    thank you for answering each and every question :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fab card!!! very elegant... love the combination of black and orange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fab card. Gorgeous colours and love all that distressing.

    Thanks for playing along at CraftyJC Simplicity Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely wonderful card. I love the cool spookiness of it. That stamp is awesome!!
    Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !