Skip to main content

Guest Designing at ICR + Q&A

Happy Friday! Today is the first time I am guest designing over at Indian Craft Room and I am loving it. The challenges are now one month long and that gives you all the time to enter your creations.
This time around we have a Sketch with a twist...and this sketch has been designed for ICR by Piali Biswas...and the twist is to add felt/fabric.

And here is what I did with it :)

 Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!; stamps: Ippity(A bit of burlap); ink: Jenni Bowlin(Brown Sugar); pattern paper: Echo Park(Dots & stripes Candy Shoppe) ; embellishment: Pie Lane(Rainbow Lustre Crytals, Wooden Stitched detail button, Self-adhesive flower sticker); 

Remember the chiffon sleeve from a dress on THIS project. I used the same here to make the flower. I have the hang over from the last 3 days of re-cycling and was thinking on the same lines :)
I love that Pie Lane Stitched details button in the center, its just the perfect accent. The pattern papers are from Echo Park Dots & Stripes. Love that collection for its versatility.

P.S. Another way to use your "Bit of burlap" stamp.

And its time for our regular Friday feature. I missed it last week for the lack of questions. But here it is back with the bang.

Q&A

 Q1 Have you tried glossy accents for the wings on THIS card?                                               Tejal
A1 I love that we think alike on so many levels :) I was in a hurry to post the card and enter some challenges and didn't have the patience to wait for the glue&gloss to dry. But I did add glossy accents on the wings later and love it.


Q2 Can you please share how to store stamps and scrap papers?                                            Anita
A2 I would love to show you but I am not very fancy on my organizing skills. I would rather buy more stamps and supplies than storage solutions. Yup, I am greedy when it comes to stamps :D . I
already showed you one non-expensive way of storing paper scraps, sticker, etc HERE. Maybe I will take some time and show you other bits & pieces of my storage soon.

Q3 Is that real candy on the card on THIS card?                                                                  Christine
A3 Oh I wish!! But it isn't a real candy. These are the donuts from Pie Lane. Anybody interested in purchasing, contact me :)

Q4 How on the world you get ideas like this for recycling?                                                Priya Sivraj 
A4 OK, this one is easy. I have been crafting long before I discovered blogging and all the awesome supplies and tools available. So I am used to re-cycling right from the beginning. But I won't take all the credit alone. I also browse various other blogs and sites and pick up ideas that I like and then add my own and come up with something unique.

Q5 How did you punch the hole in CD??                                        Khushboo, Shalini, Bhavana, Jovita  A5 Remember how I keep telling(read "cribbing") you all, that I do not have any fancy tools. Well, I do the same to my husband, telling him how I am so poor on my craft tools and supplies. So on my last birthday, he got the hint and bought a crop-a-dile for me. Love that tool, cuts through anything like butter :)
But you can try any other hole punching tool on a waste CD. I am sure that will work too.
Moral of the story: Cribbing does work on husbands sometime, especially around birthdays..LOL..Give it a try!

Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!                   

Comments

  1. Awwww...I loved this card..beautiful in simplicity and elegance..
    Cribbing works eh? should try some soon..birthday coming up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super work.. I love the background you did.... ad that gorgeous flower.. Superb work Ujjwal...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have given Hubby really big hints like get me something from itsy bitsy and he retorted" nothing is there!"
    Congrats on the DT Ujjwal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. superb card n great use of fabric... enjoyed reading ur inputs as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card ...love your take and love the burlap the way you have used it....Pls Pls pls teach me how you made that flower

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! I love the handmade flower you've made :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved the simplicity of this card !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your fab flower and card.. love seeing your work.. I miss stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely work, ujjwal! I love how you used your burlap stamp and that flower is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok lets start with the flower! AMAZEBALLS!!!! love love love it! You must be expecting this from me right?! LOVE how you used that burlap stamp! The second thing i love on your card is that Pie Lane flower with the bling as center! GENIUS! thanks for the tip!
    Love the papers you have used, amazing fall combo and gorgeous put together.
    I have said this a million times, i love your out of the box thinking and absolutely adore your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card!. I love everything about this card. The flower..the background, the papers..great combo of papers and colors!:)..

    ReplyDelete
  12. super beautiful flower... and card all in all... and thanks for the Cribbing tip too.... should try it soon like the other crafting tips... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! That flower is just WOW! Super stuff Ujjwal! But then you set the bar so high for all of us that our work improves too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…