Skip to main content

Life is a beautiful thing + Q&A

So Its my favorite day of the week today and I am in good mood :) I made something which is so not my style and yet I like it *grin* 
I kept my promise from the last post to show more love to those pretty papers sitting idle and Oh yes, my obsession with the PTI "Friends till the end" set continues  :)








 Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!; stamps: PTI(Friends 'till the end), WPlus9(Magical Moments); ink: Unity Stamp Co.(French lilac, Raw Sienna);embossing: Versamark Embossing inkpad, Rangers Super fine detail embossing powder(clear); embellishment: wooden button, twine

I am not sure if I have told you this before but lilac is one of my favorite colors. There's something about it that draws me to it and yes if you check my wardrobe you will find lots of lilac color dresses there :)
So when I saw the Jay Gee's Nook Challenge#10, I was inspired. I had my mind filled with so many ideas(just a hint, there are more cards coming inspired by this challenge picture :))
The second challenge that inspired me was Melissa's Layering Challenge at Yvonne's Blog . I am a one layer card girl and this challenge was out of my comfort zone and hence a real challenge for me. But I loved layering papers on this card.

Updated : I forgot to mention that I used Teri's sketch (upside down :D ) at Skipping Stone Challenge#89. That was actually the starting point of this card and I don't know how I forgot to mention it here. Silly me!!

Q&A

Q1  How did you get both pink and white stamped image on THIS card?              - Snehal Watwe Welde
A1  I call this technique "highlighting the stamp image" and although it looks sophisticated,its quite simple to do. I first stamped the flowers in white and then outlined them with pink marker, easy peasy :)

Q2 Did I use regular sketch pens for highlighting in THIS card?                            - Tejal
A2 Yes, I used the Faber Castell sketch pens.

Q3 What white ink do you use? and do you stock it?                    - Jaya Christina
A3 I use Color Box FROST WHITE ink and I love it. I do not have it in stock at the moment, but if you would like to purchase it, drop me an e-mail and I will get it for you.

Q4 Do we really need these die-cut machines, when we have the best tools with us...10 fingers and one good scissor?                                                                                           - Tejal 
A4 To tell you all the truth, each time I start making a card or any other project I wish I had some of those fancy tools to make life a little easier. But then when I finish making a card, I am always so proud of myself for having done it without any tool :D 


Q5 What does shabby chic mean?                                                       - Snehal
A5 I don't have the exact definition for you but as far as I know it's a mix of vintage and distressed along with a soft and feminine feel. Use of pastels, distressing, a worn out look, floral prints, vintage lace, classic and pretty,  they all add up for the shabby chic appeal.


Q6 Tips on Sewing. What thread I use? Do I poke holes before I start sewing?     -Tejal
A6 My tips:
  -  Poke holes before you start sewing on your card
  -  Poke holes from the wrong side of your card stock, that makes it easy and you are saved from the trouble of rubbing off the pencil marks
  - I use a big size needle and and foam pad as a cushion when poking holes.
  - use embroidery threads (I use anchor threads, easily available in India). They have a good texture and are available in ample colors
  - A standard embroidery floss has six strands of thread. Vary the number of threads (use 2, 3, 4, 6) and get a different look each time
 - Hand Sewing might take some time. Have patience and watch your favorite program or listen to your favorite song and enjoy sewing :)



Advice1  Join a design team to spark up the mojo and keep you going.          - Yvonne
A1 You know, each time I think about joining a design team, the questions that comes to my mind are " Am I ready for it? Am I good enough to be on a design team? Will I be able to inspire all those wonderfully talented people out there? What if I go blank when working in a timeline?
And I never get those questions answered, so end up not applying for the design team positions. But I guess I need to give it a try and that's the way to get all the above questions answered :)
 

Comments

  1. Lovely card Ujjwal. Ha Yvonne nailed you:) I had the same reply for her...lol so its nice to read how I felt and wrote;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ujjwal! And Loving the Q&A. Thank you so much for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very bright and nice card.. thanks for sharing the info through ur Q&A session on fridays. its very useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWA Ujjwal GORGEOUSSSSSSS I NEEED to get inks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Ujjawal....love the colours...purple is my fav colour as well and I am just drawn to it:)
    I too agree with Yvonne, that u should join a DT :)
    Love your QA section...feels good to have questions answered :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Ujjwal. I love the way you have curled the petals on the flower and your use of patterned paper. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card! loved the bloom! looks elegant

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one....firstly for the rich colour and secondly for the flower...I love them...each and every card of yours with these is fab.Thanks for answering my queries.Regding the DT thing I think you are not only ready but very gifted and fantastic...you should def try and get on one of the DT.How did you color this flower and the leaf? did you stamp it or did you emboss it? I am very curious.Alright I know I am writing too much but one last thing I WANT THAT COLOUR BOX FROST WHITE INK whenever you have it.And did I mention that I love your q and a section every week.proud of you my friend.Keep inspiring us always

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation Ujjwal. Luv the QA section. Even I don't have those fancy die cutting machines. I usually cut different shapes by my own as I m blessed with drawing skills then why should I buy those machines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Ujjwal! The bluish/purple flower is so beautiful! Also interesting Q&A, many useful info there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what a lovely card Ujjwal! love love love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the flower and the coloring..Keep them coming!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very striking colors,beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks awesome Ujjwal! I love the colours and the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did look up twice to be sure it is your post .You have done such a good job on this card though I do admire your clean and simple style. This is exactly the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabbie card!.. WOW!.. I am loving your patterned papers!.. Ther are soo gorgeous!..
    And high 5 for lilac! :D
    The Q&A session rocks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi
    Sweet flower. Your card is gorgeous! ♥
    Lovely details!!

    Hugs, Gry

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, Ujjwal! The Wplus9 sentiment looks wonderful with that PTI flower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice card! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is gorgeous! Those flowers are amazing and I love all the distressed edges! thanks for playing along with us this month ... cheers Ange

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving everything about this card!! The colors are so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…