Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Friends Forever!

Here is one of my favorite cards (I know I haven't been able to capture its beauty in the photograph, all thanks to the non-stop rain and gloomy weather). Anyhoo, I loved the technique of dry brushing on Make it Monday feature at PTI blog and immediately wanted to give it a try.

 
Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!; stamps: PTI(Friends 'till the end), Skipping Stones(Grunge), American Crafts; ink: Momento (Tuxedo Black), colorbox pigment ink (white);  Embellishments: White pearls(Itsy Bitsy); embossing: Ranger's (SeaFoam White); Pattern Paper: My Mind's Eye(Stella)

I am obsessed with my only PTI set Friends 'till the end (I guess you all know that by now :D). It's simply gorgeous and worth all the money spent on it. I loved the dreamy effect that the dry brushing technique created and the Grunge background from Skipping Stones set was a perfect addition. I have heat embossed the flower in white and then cute them out and layered for dimension.

And before I go, I want to give a shout out for Paper And Such Designs. They have recently started with clear stamps and have already been through one fabulous release. They are giving away 2 yet to be released sets on their blog and I am sure they are gonna be as fabulous as the last release. Click HERE to read about how to enter the giveaway.

Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!!

15 comments:

  1. oh !dats a fab one !!the dry brushing technique really has given a lovely effect !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! LOoks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the fab background! You are right, it doesnt show off well in pictures. I did this on my recent case study card and there is one more project in pipeline... but both of them pictured horribly... washed out type. But here I can see all the work done and it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty bloom... complimenting well with the background and a good try on dry brushing...


    Lots of love,
    Priya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I know you love the new set...how about saving for another one? hehe!! I need so many that I can't stop dreaming and planning for my next purchase..God knows when!!!
    Fabulous card girl..love how awesome you make things look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so lovely Ujjwal! Looks very soft and pretty! :) Enjoy your PTI set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my you've made a beautiful background for an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dry brushing on this is perfect! Well done, it is a lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabbie card!.. love the technique and the bright papers!.. and the stamp set of course!:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. The background's amazing!! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Ujjwal and the background is really amazing. I think you've totally sold me on that Skipping Stones set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Ujjwal! Thanks again for linking up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete