Sunday, June 19, 2011

Echo Park Monthly Designer Call !

In May, Echo Park launched its fresh face campaign to chose monthly designers and I was so excited for the opportunity because I love them :) So I thought I will give it a try. To enter, we are required to create a blog post showcasing 3 of our best projects using Echo Park products. You can read all the details HERE. I am starting here with my most latest Echo Park project.

Project 1: Birthday Treat layout  (for original post and more pictures, click  HERE)


                        Supplies: papers: Echo Park Papers(Playground, Walk in a park, Little Girl, Spring Time);embellishment: Element stickers from Echo Park Walk in a park, Springtime, Playground; star button from Gauche Alchemy, rhinestone from Pie Lane

Instructions:
1. Start by choosing the picture and the coordinating papers for the layout
2. Cut stripes from different Echo park paper and place them side by side.
3. Add stitching and paint splatters for that extra effect.
4. Decorate and embellish using element stickers from different Echo Park collections.

-------------------------------------

Project 2: 10 Things I love about you!           (for original post and more pictures, click  HERE)


 Supplies:cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!;patterned papers: Echo Park Papers(For the Record);embellishment: Element stickers from Echo Park Springtime collection, Little Girl, For the Record, Walk in the Park, Twine from the twinery(charcoal)

Instructions:
1. Cut two pieces of cardstock - 8" X 5.5" and 3" X 5.5". 
2. Cut two pieces of your favorite Echo Park pattern paper just 2mm less than the cardstock pieces and  adhere to the card stock.
3. Decorate the front of the pocket using element stickers from Echo Park.
4. Align the smaller piece at the bottom of the large piece and stitch around the edges to create a pocket.

5. Use a small tag 1" X 1.5" and write the title "10 things I love about you" and with the help of twine, hang it at the right corner of the pocket
6. To create tags, cut 10 stripes of white cardstock 1.3" X 5". Adhere a strip 0.75" X 1.3" of Echo Park pattern paper on the top of the stripes.
7. Chop the corners and punch a hole in all the 10 stripes. Embellish with twine and number them from 1 to 10 using element stickers from Echo Park.
8. To finish the project, write/stamp the reasons on the tags and personalize it for the person you want to give it to.

-------------------------------------

Project 3: Multi-fold card    (for original post and more pictures, click  HERE)



Supplies: papers: Echo Park (Walk in a park, little girl);Embellishments: Satin ribbon(White),pearl pins,felt leaf(creative impression), handmade satin ribbon roses


Instructions:
1.  Pick you favorite Echo Park 12X12 pattern paper. Scor at 6" from both the side. Scor at one of the diagonal.
2. Fold the diagonals inside and the card will become a 6X6.
3. Using a scor tape, adhere the ribbon to hold the folds together.
4. To decorate the front, cut 9 (1.5"X1.5") squares from coordinating Echo Park papers and stick them leaving equal gap in between. Embellish the card as you like.

I hope you like it! Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!!Lovely projects Ujjwal.loved the LO(the way you have used so many papers in 1 project).And for the record card Oh!!!I Love it!!!I hope you dont mind me casing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!.. I loved all your projects!.. all the very very best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love all of these projects, Ujjwal! I know how much you love Echo Park and I wish you all the best in their guest designer call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual gorgeous .The papers you have sent me are gorgeous too. I am waiting to get back to my craft desk to start making stuff.I think I won't be able to give it a shot for the DT. Hard luck Maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the very best!! ur projects are all so pretty. u must get the chance to be in the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects..Best wishes to win and be part of the DT team!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome projects using Echo Park Papers Ujjwal! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete