Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Heartfelt Thanks!!

Hey people!! How are you? Did you miss me? I hope you did, even if only a little bit :D I am finally back after a long 20 day break from blog world and I am excited. My days with in-laws went great although a little hectic, but I had a good time talking, cooking and traveling :)

I haven't been able to catch up on all my favorite blogs and challenges and haven't been good at leaving comments at all of your work but I plan to catch up on everything this week.

Today's card is so not my style because it uses a lot of pattern papers but I was so inspired by Laura's "Thinking of you" card that I decided to scraplift it. Laura is one talented lady and I really admire her work.

Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano! ;Pattern papers: stash; embellishments: Wood Veneer Hearts from Sudio Calico, twine from stash, sentiment sticker from SRM

The card looks a bit crooked in the picture but it isn't actually in real. All thanks to my photographing skills - apparently I have a acquired a new talent of photographing perfectly normal things to make them look crooked :D I will do better next time hopefully.

A lot of hand-stitching because I wanted to enter the YNS Challenge#39 - Stitching. It's been a long time I played along their challenges. This is also my entry for the March Dare Diva - Color me Spring at Verve. Although I don't own any verve stamps yet, I love them and would love to be a proud owner some day :)

**Edited** for all those curious about the PP used. I received a big packet of mixed PPs as a RAK from Yvonne and actually have no idea what brand they are :)

Hope you like it!! Thanks for visiting!!

29 comments:

  1. this card is gorgeous !!!can't take my eyes off it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I REALLY MISSED YOU!!And swear was wondering that all's well at ur end.The card is GORGEOUS.I love Laura's designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. All the pattern papers you have used , you have used well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous PPs Ujjwal... and a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back !!i'm sure u pleased ur in-laws :),prety card !! luv the heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,.love all the pattern papers(from where did u get,.plsss let me know:))love the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Ujjawal, I did miss u especially after everyday posts for AWIC event! But, in these 20 days u din't miss much to comment as most of them are taking a break:)
    Nice card indeed! Love the PPs, hand-stiching and jute thread bow! hugs!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful use of PP's and loved the hand sitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some luscious pp you have there. Who is it by? I cann see that I am not the only one drooling over the pp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back and what a comeback?love the card and the simplicity...hope to see you more often now

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super summery card..love the colors you picked...yup..out with the details girl..what pp is this? Studio Calico?? Love the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you did such a great job on this card. It's perfect in every way. Did you hand stitch? It goes so well with that pretty wood heart. Ugh! I'm in love!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charming!! Love the sweet little touches like the burlap string, sewing and wood heart. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, Ujjwal! I really missed you but I'm glad you enjoyed your in-laws' visit!! I love it when any crafter steps outside their comfort zone and this is no exception. You made this in your very own spectacular and sunny style! You always amaze me with your handstitching. I love the way the fibres peek through the heart. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card dear.. welcome back :)
    Love all the layers on this card... and stitching. Fab work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card.... love the pps...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the quilted feel to this piece! Really shabby chic! :)

    Glad things went well with the in-laws! Welcome back to blogland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooooo this one's lovely Ujjwal, I knw its different frm ur usual style, but u should try it more often cause u r so good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The card is beautiful - you are very talented:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! Lovely lovely colors! Beautifully cased!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fun! Love all those stitched panels and that fun jute behind the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I LOVE everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous layers and texture, Ujwal! fantastic card and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's beautiful! Love all those fun patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh WOW this is GORGEOUS, love all the elements of your creation, thanks so much for joining us at YNS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How absolutely gorgeous! LOVE all those papers and that heart is just perfect! What a great card! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!! Love the mix of papers here! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what a gorgeous card I love the amazing layers stitching and fun embellishments! Thanks for playing along with the Your Next Stamp "Sew Fun" challenge!

    ReplyDelete