Skip to main content

A week in cards!!

Happy Monday peeps!! Today we are hosting the first ever blog hop for Indian Stampers and crafters (Thanks to Jaya !!).  We will be posting a new card every day for a week (28 Feb - 6 March) for all of you to see and enjoy :D

I saw it as the perfect  opportunity to participate in some of my favorite challenges (which I normally miss out, credit goes to my laziness :D ) and have some fun. For the first card, I picked the sketch from Get Sketchy#76, the colors from Simon Says Stamp Challenge# - coffee and cream (coffee color is one of my favorites :) ) and the theme at Unity Stamp Company Challenge#1 - Hearts.


 Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!; stamps: Ippity (Grunsey Gingham, Totally Happy); ink: Unity Stamp Co. (Raw Sienna); Embellishments: Ribbon from a local store
I first stamped the ginghan background on a very vanilla card stock and hand cut the hearts.The hearts were then distressed. I added a lot of hand - stitching for the final touch.
Since I often use hand-stitching on my cards, I thought I will share a few simple tips and tricks to make it easy for you.

1.  Hand- stitching is for people with patience. If you are a quick crafter, most probably you would not like this technique.

2.  Use a thick paper when you decide to hand-stitch. Thin paper has more chances of tearing up in the process.

3.  Always poke holes first where you want to hand-stitch rather than doing it on the fly.

4.  Apply pressure on the needle and not on the paper while stitching to avoid bending of paper .

5.  You can achieve entirely different  effects with the thickness of the thread you chose to stitch. Thin thread will give the effect of a machine like sophisticated stitch while a thicker thread will add the fun.

6.  Last and the most important, if you are doing a lot of stitching, make sure your head is resting well against the chair or wall otherwise you might end up with a sore neck. 

I hope these tips will come in handy the next time you decide to hand-stitch :)

That is all from me now. I will be back later in the evening with another card.



Enjoy the hop!! Thanks for visiting!!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card, Ujjwal. Love the stitching. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome awesome! Braving it the right word. I'm waiting for you to do it this week and will follow you next week! already I'm geared up!!
    Fabulous distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card .....simple yet elegant ...loved it. Thanks for the tips and I am game too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Love the gingham hearts! :)

    I love handstitching too... I find poking holes so therapeutic...;)

    The Indian crafting community rocks...you have such fun activities and support each other. Such great camaraderie.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card! Gorgeous colours Ujjwal! Great tips on hand stitching and so true about the sore neck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love ur card.. coffee n cream looks real rich n elegant combo.. gotta give this combo a try..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card gal!!The combo is really Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an eye catching card,love it girl..

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats so lovely card and color combo gal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card-love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this card!! The handstitched twirls look fab & so does the gingham-ed hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG just love the warm colors! your hand stitching rocks!Thanks for the tips abt handstitching, I don't have the patience to poke holes so I machine stitching all the time....

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Ujjwal... love the warm earthy colors... and adore the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card :-) I do love sewing on cards but tend to plug in the machine, I should give hand sewing a go especially as there is the 'sew easy' tools now too !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT Call :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love the warm tones and the hand stitching! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an elegant card. Love yellow misting and the gingham hearts! your hand stitching rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card Ujjwal! :) Was not brave enough to join the card challenge so maybe next time! :) Have fun and you all rock! :)

    Tks for the tips on stitching! Have not given it a go yet but this makes me wanna!

    ReplyDelete
  18. super gorgeouso! :) loved the colour - my fave shade of brown. And the stitiching is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Ujjwal. Love your hand stitching. Superb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! What a great entry for the Unity challenge-we hope you had a blast playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card! Love the stitching!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!! I hope to see your beautiful creations again soon!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !