Kissing...

oh please don't take me wrong....Kissing is a technique I learned recently :D for the New Hero Arts Challenge for Feburary. I used the sketch over at Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge#41.

Click on the image to see details
 Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!; stamps: Hero Arts (CL401-Speckled Ornaments), Skipping Stones; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug); Embellishments: Heart felt piece from Creative Impression, Beads, White Satin Ribbon, pearl pins, crocheted flower from stash

The most interesting part of participating in challenges is that we get to step out of our comfort zone and  learn something new and that is what happened this time. I learned this fascinating technique of kissing the stamps. You can check out the article by Shari Carroll.

It would have been easier if I had one of those large background stamps by HA but since I didn't I had to find a way. I stamped the different stamps from the speckled ornament set to create the background using the kissing technique and then embellished it till I was satisfied (that's a rare possibility :) and I still think I would have done something more or something less). I liked the end result anyhow.

I hope you like it!! Thanks for visiting!!

Comments

  1. You are one creative gal! I love this SO NEAT AND CLEAN card! LOL Oh its brilliant Ujjwal!!!! I LOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god!!! this is so beautiful!!!very well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!!!!Doesn't seem like it isn't one b/g stamp ..wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ujjwal, i like your card its beautiful!

    I've been trying to make card using "kissing" technique and you're right it would have been easier if I had those large background rubber stamps...

    But looked what you made!! :) You did it!

    I'll try your technique tomorrow. TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and neat...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to know about this technique..will try sometimes.n thanks for all ur sweet comments on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful ...love it ...please share the way you did it by hosting a tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exquisite, Ujjwal! Putting all that work into creating such a lovely background was so worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is awsome..... loved ur kissing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card dear... so pretty :D
    Thanks for the happy mail.. Love it.. watch out for a happy mail from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome awesome!! its just brilliant!! you keep tempting me with these stamps..and I'll end up emptying my pockets for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, so wonderful card!!! Great job!!! Love the paper a lot) It looks fantastic!
    hugs. Larisa. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment