Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gift of Friendship!!

Just popping in to share a card I made for Dana's get more out of Patterned Paper Challenge at Yvonne's blog. I loved this challenge because I hardly use PP on my cards (not that I don't like PPs, I love them. But I often have no clue how to use them :) ) and didn't want to miss it. I had been hoarding a few beautiful PPs for ages and took one out for this challenge. The paper I am using is from Hobby Ideas and here it is (before I used my scissors on it :D ).

(ain't it gorgeous? notice the tiny fairy in the corner)

And here is the card I made 

Supplies: cardstock: Elle Erre Fabriano!, Hobby Ideas PP ; stamps: Mark's Finest Papers; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Hobby Ideas 3D glitter 

I cut out the base from the top left corner, highlighted some of the  flowers with white gel pen and glitters. Then I cut out the flower with fairy(neglected one :D) from the bottom right corner and placed it on the base. I popped up the wings using 3D foam dots and added 3D glitter to the wings.


Using colored gel pens, I highlighted various parts (flower head band, face, flower, etc) to make it pop up. As the last thing, I added a sentiment which goes well (I think so :)) with the image and the theme of the card.
Hope you like it!! Thanks for visiting!!


16 comments:

  1. dats abs stunning Ujjwal... loved it totally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Great idea...totally repurposed the pp into something great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Glad you you took out your patterned paper to take part in this challenge! It's amazing how pens can transform/highlight paper! :)

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Dana's challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty....beautiful and clean card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work.. Beautiful pairing and enhancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so creative and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is like an absolute stunner...very innovative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesomely Created..... A Total Stunner!!!!

    Ash...
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so wonderful! As always 100 points for creativity! :) LOVE the colour Ujjwal!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is crazy stunning! My mouth is hanging open. I love the art you create, Ujjwal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GENIUS! I love how you highlighted some of the flowers and cut that fab fairy out! What a wonderful finish to some beautiful PP. Thank you so much for playing along with my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! She is so beautiful))) Love this image so much! I wish I hag the same stamp at me to create the same beauty))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! Congrats for winning the chellenge!

    ReplyDelete