Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Quick Post!!

**This is my second post for the day. Scroll down for the first one.**

A very quick post to share a very quick card I made for OLW27 at Susan's blog which is to make a Christmas card for a good cause.

The cards we make and send to Rhonda will go to the North Dakota State Penitentiary in Bismarck, North Dakota. It is a 600+ men's prison for 18 year olds on up, with many in their 30s and 40s. The majority of them have wives, children, parents. A few of them only get a visit once a year from family so cards are a nice way to keep in touch. Even those who get more visits enjoy sharing a holiday card with their family. With 600+ guys, any Christmas cards we can send would be very much appreciated!


I just wanted to participate for the good cause, so here is my quick CAS card.



I used the ribbon technique shared by Susan here. Santa's face is hand drawn and I used a hobby idea rub-on for the sentiment.


Hope you like it!! Thanks for visiting!!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty CAS card. I always find it hard to make the one layer cards, but this turned out beautiful. I loved your hand drawn image as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a simple but gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely shade of blue! Love your CAS card!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great masculine card and perfect for the cause! That is one awesome hand-drawn Santa! Your ribbon and rub-on are fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww!... that's super sweet of you!.. the card is awesome!.. love the ribbon technique! :D

    ReplyDelete