Saturday, October 23, 2010

Diwali Cards continued...

Happy weekend to all the wonderful people out there!! Hope you are having a good time. Today I am again sharing some Diwali cards with you all. I will start with more of the paper pleated candles for Moxie Fab World - Perfectly Placed Pleats Challenge.



As I said in my last post I experimented a lot with pleated candles. Hope now you have a better idea about what I meant :D

Next card is for Smita's Challenge at Yvonne's Blog - Ribbon technique & No Stamping. Since I am making Diwali cards with candles on them these days, I thought I will give a try to something new. And here it is


See, I made candles with ribbon stitching and hand drew the candle flames and the sentiment. I picked the colors from DieCutDreams#70 - Orange and Pink for this one. What do you say? You Likey?

Last but not the least, I am re-posting my first Christmas Card for Amy's Flashback Friday 4.0


I started my blog this year in February and this is the first Christmas card I posted on 18 September.

Wow, four cards in a single post. I hope you are still awake and it wasn't a long, boring post :D

Hope you like it!! Thanks for visiting!!

17 comments:

  1. I am still awake! I have always loved that Christmas card! And I specially am loving your candles Ujjwal, so creative! all of them are different... i think the last card with candles, the one where you did ribbon stitching... is absolutely breath taking!
    Last but not the least, thanks a lot for your wonderful comment! You always make my day :)
    I hope now YOU are still awake! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty cards...especially the ribbon candles r gorgeous..and loved your christmas tree.Is it done with beads?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pleated candles and ribbon candles! The bling flames are fun, too. I think there's a pleat challenge going on at Moxi Fab World, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome cards! Love the ribbon stitching! :)

    And that first X'mas card is gorgeous! :)

    Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unusual cards, they are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at DCD this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card thanks for sharing at DCD.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards... I loved the ribbon stitching. Thanks for playing along ;-)

    And the first christmas card was stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work dear.. heart esp the ribbon stitching.. brilliant. Heart it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. such cool projects! Thank you for playing along with DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for posting your card for Flashback Friday. I love the way you hung the tag from the ribbon.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...chock full of goodness...lovin' all your cards...you have such a way with embellies and techniques! thanks so much for playing along in Flashback Friday 4.0!!!!! Love that fun christmas tree!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey ujjwal.. lovely diwali cards.. i love all of them... so different and nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW..Beautiful cards :D Loved them all and getting very inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ujjwal, your cards are always so unique and full of creativity. Simply amazing!
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow.. Gorgeous cards.. I loved the one with ribbon!! And thanks so much dear for sending me lovely Diwali wishes..
    I was so busy this time, i barely got time to make diwali cards.. I was jumping with joy upon receiving a handmade card, something i have always cherished on Diwali! :) you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really Super Duper !!

    ReplyDelete