Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thinking of you (ItemId #1141)

Good Morning !!

Hope you all had a good weekend and this week started well for you....It did for me certainly because once again I was in my one of those up cycling moods :D and created this card for the Daring Cardmakers challenge of creating a "Thinking of You" card and the best part is that it is for a good cause.

Visit the site Post Pals to see how you can help. Since I don't stay in UK, I would be posting this card to cheer someone up here in India.

About the card...I used strips of my favorite up cycling material "newspaper" to create the background. Added some wool flowers and aluminium foil to make the center of the flower. The sentiment is a peel off sticker.

And ahh did I mention that you have a chance of winning some great stuff from Ribbon Girls while doing this good deed. So go do it !!

Hope you like it!!Thanks for visiting!! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ujjwal!I have great regards for crafters who upcycle/recycle.Your card is great and the added fact that is is for a special cause makes it even more special..The card itself is very beautiful!Hav a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wooly flowers for the nice colour they bring out :) The torn paper looks amazing toooo !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the recycled elements to the card. The wool flowers are amazing! Thanks for being a Pal with DCM this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card dear..those flowers are ausome

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey dear.. love love your card. Love the artistry in you :). The woolen flowers are just gorgeous! :) hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect!.. thats the word for this card!.. love the flowers!.. and the newspaper roll-up looks really really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this one!!! Perfect background.. for those lovely flowers..

    ReplyDelete