A Friend is a Joy (Item Id#1131)


Happy weekend to all you lovely people out there!!

Today I want to share my GD card for Challenge Up Your Life. The challenge for the next 2 weeks is to use a resist technique and I really found it interesting. For my card I used the Crayon Resist Technique and I used it to color the flowers on my card. The center of the flowers was first filled in with crayons and then I inked up the flower(freebie from MARJORIE) using sponge. The crayon filled part resisted the color. I did the same with leaves. (enlarge to see details). 


The sentiment is handwritten as always. I want to play along a few more challenges with this card. The first being Sentimental Sundays - Someone Special (Friends are always special people in our lives) and the next is Lili of the Valley - Here comes Summer (the colors and flowers certainly speak summer in my card)

Hope you like it!! Thanks for visiting!!

Comments

  1. well, firstly, I LOVE your writing skills :).. I do manuscript but really need to practise :p, secondly, your techniques and lastly, for the many cards I have seen, I love the way you incorporate day to day stuff into you card. I am a fan of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!.. awesome technique!.. m in too!.. :D
    love ur handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I agree, your handwriting is beautiful! If I could write like that, I wouldn't need to go digital, lol. Thanks for entering this creation into Sentimental Sundays :)
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I haven't used crayons in such a long time! You have such beautiful handwriting!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your handwriting is amazing, better than any stamp Ujjwal, beautiful sentiment and image too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful summery card. I really love your colours and pretty details. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at LOTV with such a fabulous card, just perfect for summer
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so sweet. That technique is so wonderful, I have yet to try it. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card...really like the way u have done the border...is it a lace?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment