Skip to main content

Finally I did.... (Item ID#1134)

QUILLING !! yes its true... I don't know for how long I have been following all the sites with little or more information on quilling but couldn't come to try it out. This time I finally did it :) It isn't very great but at least I gathered some courage to try.

When I saw this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge #89 - Made by Michelle Brusegaard with these creations, I had decided I wanted to quill those poppies


Aren't they adorable? Then I took the sketch from GS#39 and CardPattern #65 (my luck couldn't get any better) and the colors from Stacey's Curtain Call Color challenge #31 and when I combined all of these I got this







ok now...please don't laugh on my quilling :D I know it isn't really great but I hope you all like the card anyway ;)  please let me know...

Updated: I am also entering this card for Sketch and Stash Challenge which with a great coincidence (or should I say miracle :) ) has a similar sketch to follow and new is the Jenni Bowlin butterfly which I received last week and neglected is the pretty stitched background paper (only I can forget about such a pretty paper owing to my goldfish memory :D ).

Also, I wanted to share a wedding invite or I must say Indian Wedding Invite :)  in this post. Here we go


All my Indian friends will find this invite familiar but for my international friends - In India, when we start anything new, be it new business or new house, we consider worshiping Lord Ganesha auspicious and so you will find most of the wedding card invites with Lord Ganesha on the cover. I hope that explains Lord Ganesha sitting happily on the front of my wedding invite :)

Here is the inside 



 I wanted to do something different on this invite but I didn't quite like the result. Let me know what you think about it and if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know. I am in need of some Indian Wedding Invite Ideas :)

Hope you like it!!Thanks for visiting!!





Comments

  1. Awesome work. I love it that you venture into the unknown... love the effort and the outcome. I love the background.. did you sew that .. really cool. Lovely!!

    Wedding invite.. yours? Congrats :). Other than the Lord Ganesha, one of my friend had wanted to make his card with the word (sounds like ooohm.. as in yoga/prayers.. dont know how to write, the wording is gorgeous), that could be nice too...just a thought. by the way, my hubby is Indian ethnicity(Malalysian) :D, but we dont practise any customary...

    Thank you for lovely comments.. you sure put a smile in my heart.. have a good day dearie! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!.. the first card is awesome!!.. love it!.. and the quilling isnt even half as bas as min! ;).. and the butterfly is gorgeous!.. did u hand-cut it??..
    the invite is superb.. srsly!.. u made this??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ujjwal, I'm glad you gave quilling a try! Your card is very attractive and the flowers stand out so nicely. I enjoyed seeing the wedding invitation too - it's always great to learn about customs in other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love what you did with your inspiration!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And I for one, love the quilling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the quilling! thanks for sharing your project at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Awesome job on your new technique! Thanks so much for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Ujjwal....love the quilling, its very cute n happy :)
    All the best with the wedding invites (sorry I am no good at this :( )

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful work Ujjwal, love your flowers on the 1st card! the wedding invite look superb! thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous invites!!!

    Just dropping in to let you know that on May 31st your blog will be featured on the paper craftorium blog site here: http://papercraftorium.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilling and a fabulous, texture rich card.
    Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your card is so gorgeous!! I love your quilling!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Wishes

Hello people!! The weekend is so near that it makes me happy already :D Finally I started on my Diwali cards for this year. I know I am terribly late but I am trying to make it up. For my readers who aren't aware of the Diwali festival, Diwali is known as the festival of lights and one of the biggest festivals in India signifying the victory of good over evil. This year we are celebrating Diwali on 5 November. We celebrate by decorating our houses, lighting candle, fireworks, lots of good food, and lots and lots of sweets (I love this part :D) 


Okay now enough of blabbering, here is a card a made for the Moxie Fab World Challenge - Perfectly Placed Pleats  and Speedy the Cat's Friend's Challenge - Stitching


Look how the paper pleats make for the cutest candles. Doesn't that stitched sentiment look pretty too?

After I made one and liked it, I went crazy experimenting with colors, size, and various different things :D
Here is another variations I came up with.


I know I w…

Emma Lou’s Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello,

This is a very special post for a very special person! Emma Lou is the creative director at Heartfelt Creations and I feel so happy to have worked with her in the past and to know her a little bit better. She is an amazing person, very talented and super sweet. And today we have got together to celebrate her special day through a blog hop.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a fabulous year ahead! I hope you have a great day with your family and friends!

Here's the card I created for her. I heat embossed the background stamp on vellum and then colored on the backside using Chameleon Pens. A simple vellum card that I hope she will like :)




Also, the Heartfelt Creations team is super sweet and offering a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations for hopping along and leaving a comment on participating blogs. The hop starts at 8 am EST on Thursday 11th August 2016 and closes on Tuesday 16th August at midnight. So hop along for a chance to win.

The winner of the blog…

Birthday Explosion Box!

Here is something that I am very proud of. This was my first attempt at a 3D paper cake and I adore how it turned out. More loved because I am not really a pink girl and this explosion is all pink and I still love it :)



Don't ya love that cake? By the way, I recycled the "Happy Birthday" from an actual birthday cake :D
I am entering this for the Lessology Challenge#29 - Birthday Party Lulupu Challenge#17 - Fancy Me (I fancy special fold cards and I fancy trying out new things) Itsy Bitsy Challenge - Pretty with Pink (Pink, pearls, pattern papers, posy, paper clips, photographs)
Hope you fellas like it !