Flower in Blue (Item id #1110)

This is the first time I will be entrying in a challenge and what better way to start with Card Patterns weekly card sketch challenge . I prepared this card for Card Pattern sketch 50 but now it fits with PTI Contest #13 as well. Thats a real bonus !! 

I hadn't used blue color in my cards for a while and when I saw my supplies I immediately knew that for this sketch I want to use blue.


The paper flower in the middle is inspired by Joanne's paper flowers. I know my flower is not even close to what she does but never the less I gave it a try :)
And again notice the use of old newspaper to create a background. As I told you before you we will seeing a lot of recycled material put to use in my cards.
The dark blue patterned paper that I used was a bit of gaudy and overpowering .So to balance the colors I made use of light hues of blue. Then glued blue stones to add a tinge of richness to the card.
Hope you liked it !! Thanks for visiting !!

Comments

  1. I guess this is the best of the lot!! The blue color really looks cool.. I think you should use more of it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! I love the flower embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card, the colors really stand out. The newsprint strips really gives your card a punch, gotta try that! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! This was my first challenge, too. Wasn't it fun? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts